Reports to: Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer- dual reporting
Job purpose: The Financial Analyst is responsible for the strategic financial analysis of upcoming project deals. This role will work closely with the COO to conduct financial modeling and data analysis for new acquisitions and real estate investment opportunities across Western Canada.
- Create detailed proformas, cash flow and financial models (including scenario/sensitivity analysis) by leveraging the candidate’s exceptional Excel skills.
- Implement and track key performance indicators by project, region, and division (experience or willingness to learn MS Power BI is an asset)
- Play a role in developing the organization’s Investment Policy Statement
- Assist in the due diligence on potential acquisitions, developments, and divestures
- Create internal and external memorandums and presentations (ex: investor pitch decks, lender packages) for a range of audiences
- Monitor project-level, divisional, and corporate cash balances and credit facilities/availability.
- Assists with the preparation of consolidated annual, quarterly and monthly financial reporting packages (balance sheet & income statement) to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Development of financial dashboard with documented procedures on functionality of dashboard for accounting and management personnel.
- Assist with variance analysis on various financial statement accounts, when assistance is required.
- Assist with financial planning and budgeting for multiple companies under the Carrington Group of Companies umbrella.
- Assists in the development of tools and templates that drive efficiency and effectiveness for the organization.
- Support ad hoc requests from business leaders for both data and financial analysis, as required.
- 2+ years of creating complex Excel financial models.
- Experience in residential real estate development/acquisitions is a big asset.
- High proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel and formulas (including array formulas).
- Knowledge of Visual Basic for applications programming is a big asset.
- Knowledge of accounting software would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with diverse groups and personalities.
- Proficient in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Proven planning, communication, organizing, decision making, presentation and negotiating skills.
- You have completed an undergraduate degree in one of the following concentrations: finance, economics, accounting or business administration, or have relevant and related work experience.
- Completion or pursuit of a professional designation (CFA, CPA, AACI, MBA) would be an asset.
This full-time position is located in SW Edmonton, Alberta.
Business Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Carrington Group of Companies values work-life-balance and this position comes with many great employee perks including; Health & dental benefits, a competitive compensation package, RRSP’s, parking on-site, flight discounts, travel perks, PTO days, paid sick days, candy dispensers in our staff rooms, a really cool staff team leisure room, unlimited coffee and the possibility for room for advancement. We encourage you to check out or website to learn more about our awesome company and all the great perks that Carrington can offer!
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Financial Analyst”
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$88,000.00 per year